How are we different from other electrical businesses?
- We treat our customers as if we were the customers ourselves.
- We put a huge value on client happiness, service, and their overall project success.
- Our customers don't have to wait until we think they are important because our customers are important.
- We design, and install our solar systems ourselves. We do not need to sub-out our installations to other contractors like other businesses in our field. Therefore, customers only have to communicate with one company - us.
- Our customers trust us to provide them with experienced advice, quality work, and after sales support. We work hard to gain, and maintain client trust.
- We do not sell systems 'in a box' like or competitors. Each customer is unique, and have unique needs.
- We know what we are doing!
Why we started our business:
Mac Electrical & Solar Contracting Company was started to provide architects, engineers, interior designers, building contractors, property managers, and the general public; with a full - diversified; 'one-stop-shop' solution for electrical systems installation & repair for their projects. Many consumers are frustrated and disappointed with some 'shady' electricians perform shoddy work, with poor quality of service. Mac Electrical & Solar has a professional team of electricians and technicians, that is built on values of integrity, responsibility, and quality service.
Our client services include, but not limited to:
- Electrical Consulting & Inspections
- New Construction/Remodel Installations
- Project Management & Quality Control
Many consumers and business owners throughout our archipelago, have experienced poor electrical service, sub-standard installation; and have suffered either financially, psychologically - or both; by hiring the 'wrong' company to install their electrical systems. Many times, consumers cannot get the answers they need, and when they need it the most, from some companies that provide poor customer service.
With over 40 years of electrical and construction experience, our qualified and competent team of technicians, engineer associates, consultants, and project managers, guarantee a smooth electrical installation process. We stand on our company values of client trust, competence, and quality of service. We stand on our word. We stand for specialty, coupled with integrity, accountability, and responsibility.
How we started our business:
Mac Electrical & Solar was founded by Raynard McDonald after working 20 years in the electrical construction and service industry for some of the country's older electrical companies.He began his electrical career as an aprrentice in 1998, after graduating high school in 1997.
Throughout the years, Raynard has held numerous positions such as project foreman, project manager, and independent consultant, on numerous successful projects. His attention to detail, professional qualities, and his ability to interpret electrical drawings to ensure no electrical component is overlooked, has gained the respect of leading architects, interior designers, engineers, and other construction personnel. He maintains his passion for industry and constantly remains updated with new technology advances, best safety practices, and construction industry changes. He loves what he does, and values the importance of good relationships.
Mr. McDonald is Licensed Electrician, holds a OSHA 30-Hour Construction Hazards Card, a Solar PV Systems Design/Installation Certification, and many other electrical systems & low-voltage certifications.
Mr. McDonald is also a Certified International Project Manager, Certified Risk Project Manager and currently studies Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Degree at the Univerity of The Bahamas.
He is also a Fellow Member of the American Academy of Project Management, member of the National Fire & Protection Association (NFPA) member of the National Society of Black Engineers (UB campus), member of the Bahamas Contractors' Association, member of Bahamas Chamber of Commerce, and many, other international industry associations.
- Certified International Project Manager
- Certified Solar PV Designer and Installer
- Certified Risk Project Manager
- Licensed Electrical Contractor