How are we different from other electrical businesses?
- We know what we are doing! We are not 'feeling our way' in electrical installation and/or renewable energy systems like some other fellows.
- We are a 100% owned Bahamian company. We don't just do business here, 'we born and live here'.
- Clients do not have to call us 'one thousand times' to finish their work - when they have already paid in advance.
- We work hard to gain and maintain client trust. We treat our customers as if we were the customers ourselves.
- We design, and install our solar systems ourselves. We do not need to sub-out our installations to other contractors like other businesses in our field. This means more savings for our clients and less headaches on each project.
- We provide experienced advice, quality work, and after sales support.
- We do not sell systems 'in a box' like our competitors. Each customer is unique, and have unique electrical/solar system needs.
- We keep up-to-date with the technlogical advances, with in-house training for technicians, on various manufacturer products of electrical and solar systems, to ensure our clients receive competent installations with high quality and value.
Why we started our business:
Mac Electrical & Solar Contracting Company was started to:
- Provide local/international architects, engineers, interior designers, building contractors, property managers, and the general public; with a full - diversified 'one-stop-shop' solution for electrical systems installation & services for their projects.
- Many consumers are frustrated and disappointed with some 'shady' electricians perform shoddy work, with poor quality of service.
- Provide customers with a professional team of electricians and technicians, who stand on our company values of Integrity, Responsibility, and Quality of Service.
- To contribute to the society as best as we can by helping to improve communities through government and/or private partnerships.
- To assist our government and business leaders in helping to improve The Bahamas' electrical and energy policies with international codes and industry standard practices.
Our client services include, but not limited to:
- Electrical Consulting & Inspections
- Solar Water Pumping System Design(i.e. utility water management, irrigation/agriculture, leisure, etc.)
- Project Management & Quality Control
- Solar Photovoltaic Energy Systems Design & Inspection
General Public Complaints regarding electrical contractors:
Many consumers and business owners throughout our archipelago, have experienced poor electrical service, sub-standard installation; and have suffered either financially, psychologically - or both; by hiring the 'wrong' company to install their electrical systems. Many times, consumers cannot get the answers they need, and when they need it the most, from some companies that provide poor customer service.
OUR SOLUTION @Mac Electrical:
With over 40 years of electrical and construction experience, our qualified and competent team of technicians, engineer associates, consultants, and project managers, guarantee a smooth electrical installation process. We stand on our company values of client trust, competence, and quality of service. We stand on our word. We stand for specialty, coupled with integrity, accountability, and responsibility.
How we started our business:
Mac Electrical & Solar was founded by Raynard McDonald after working 20 years in the electrical construction and service industry for some of the country's older electrical companies.He began his electrical career as an aprrentice in 1998, after graduating high school in 1997.
Throughout the years, Raynard has held numerous positions on various successful projects such as:
- Project Foreman
- Site Electrical Coordinator
- Quality Control Inspector
- Independent Electrical Consultant
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems Site Inspector
His attention to detail, professional qualities, and his ability to interpret electrical drawings to ensure no electrical component is overlooked, has gained the respect of leading architects, interior designers, engineers, and other construction personnel.
He maintains his passion for industry and constantly remains updated with new technology advances, best safety practices, and construction industry changes. He loves what he does, and values the importance of good relationships.
Mr. McDonald's Qualifications:
- Licensed Electrician
- Holds a OSHA 30-Hour Construction Hazards Card
- Solar PV Systems Design/Installation Certification
- Certified International Project Manager
- Certified Risk Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Degree Student (University of The Bahamas)
- And many other electrical systems & low-voltage certifications.
- Fellow Member of the American Academy of Project Management
- National Fire & Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Society of Black Engineers (UB campus)
- Bahamas Contractors' Association
- Bahamas Chamber of Commerce
- And many other international industry associations.