What makes us different from so many other electrical companies?
- It's not about us; it's about meeting and/or exceeding customer expectations - everytime.
- Simply put, we know what we are doing. This is not arrogance, but instead confidence in our team's abilities. Electrical competence is what, designers, builders, consumers, the AHJ, and other stakeholders continue to demand; and need, from electrical professionals.
- More and more customers continue to trust us because we value them. We treat clients and prospects as if we are the customers ourselves - with respect.
- We are a one-point of contact for clients. Meaning, because we are a company who can bundle the installation of electrical, solar energy, and automation systems; clients profit and save more. Plus, this means less headaches, and less subcontractors moving around their property.
- We provide experienced, expert advice, quality work, and after sales support.
- We do not sell solar home systems 'in a box' just to make a sale. We understand that each customer project is unique, so we tailor each system to benefit the client. Not our pockets.
- We remain up-to-date with the latest technological advances - via in-house, and overseas training; on various manufacturer products, and industry/code changes.
- We continue to strive in adopting the best project management and quality assurance/control processes, to ensure that our clients and potential clients will receive high quality installations.
- We are a 100% Bahamian-owned company. So, we don't just do business here, 'we born 'an live here'.
Why we started our business:
Mac Electrical Contracting Company was started to:
- Provide a one-stop-shop solution for electrical services, alternative energy, automation, and power generation; to local and/or international architects, engineers, interior designers, building contractors, facility managers, and the general public.
- Relieve consumers who are frustrated and disappointed with 'shoddy' electricians who under-perform, provide poor quality work or service, lack the necessary skills to meet thier expectations.
- Provide customers with a professional team of technicians, who will stand on our company values of Integrity, Responsibility, Client Trust and Quality.
- To contribute to Bahamian society, as best as we can, by helping to improve our communities - through government and/or private partnerships.
- To assist local policymakers, NGOs, stakeholders; to improve The Bahamas' electrical and energy policies, while conforming with national/international codes, standards, and industry best practices.
Some common General Public Complaints that we've heard from consumers regarding other electricians/electrical contractors:
- Poor electrical service & sub-standard work.
- Financial lost and psychological stress - by hiring the 'wrong' company to install their electrical systems.
- Un-returned calls; having to chase down the electrician to finish the job.
- Installations not up-to electrical code & AHJ standards.
OUR SOLUTION @Mac Electrical: Install quality products, and provide turn-key electrical services that meet and/or exceed customer expectations - on every project, everytime.
Our mesh network of engineers/designers, project managers, administrative staff, and field technicians work toward a smooth electrical installation process. We understand and value the importance of forming and maintaining good relationships with the general public. No matter an individual's social status.
How we started our business:
Mac Electrical was founded by Ray McDonald in 2009. Soon after, our systems integration and renewable energy division: Mac Energy & Automation; was created to provide audio/video, intelligent lighting and motorized blinds; and alternative energy solutions.
Mr. McDonald began his electrical career as an apprentice in 1996. In his early 20's while working as an electrical foreman on a high-end home; situated on Paradise Island; Mr. McDonald decided that his career goal was to become a Professional Electrical Engineer; including own and operate an electrical contracting firm.
Simply put, what began as a job out of high-school, turned into goal. As the Lead installer of Lutrons' HomeWorks lighting control system at a former employer, Mr. McDonald was fascinated by the ability to program and control lighting systems; and other electrical sub-systems in high-end homes. These events inspired him to change his mind from being an airline pilot, to instead designing electrical power & communication systems for buildings and communities.
Mr. McDonald has lead numerous electrical teams on various residential/commercial projects - from ground zero to project completion(i.e. banks, government buildings, high-end homes, etc). He has also served in different capacities on many electrical project teams as an independent consultant(i.e. QA/QC management, Project Risk management).
Additionally, he has extensive knowlege and expertise on solar-powered water pumping systems which are used in irrigation, agriculture, refugee camps and natural disaster areas, residential/commercial swimming pools, deep wells, community drinking water, and utility water supply. He firmly believes that 'water is life'.
Throughout the years, Mr. McDonald has held numerous positions on various successful projects such as:
- Project Foreman
- Site Electrical Coordinator
- Quality Control Inspector
- Independent Electrical Consultant
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems Site Inspector
Mr. McDonald's Qualifications(minimum)
- Licensed Electrician with 20+ years of field experience
- Holds a OSHA 30-Hour Construction Hazards Card
- Solar PV Systems Design/Installation Certification
- Certified International Project Manager
- Certified Project Risk Manager
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering(pursuing)
- Certified Lorentz Solar-Powered Water Pump Systems Technician/Programmer/Installer
- Qualified Lutron Lighting Controls HomeWorks Installer
- And many other electrical systems & low-voltage certifications.
- Fellow Member of the American Academy of Project Management
- National Society of Black Engineers (UB campus)
- Bahamas Contractors' Association
- Bahamas Chamber of Commerce