Solar-powered water pumping systems is a proven technology since the 1970s. Solar-powered water pump systems use the power of the sun to move water, by photovoltaic modules(solar panels) - versus utility or generator power. Compared to utility or generator power, solar water pumping systems offer an unmatched ability to consistently and predictably supply water in even the most remote(off-grid) or harshest environment. Hybrid solutions that can blend the use of alternative power sources(i.e. generator, utility) can also be very effective with proper planning and design.
Today, solar water pumping systems are used all over the world in various applications for: agriculture; irrigation; utility water and sanitation; community drinking water; refugee camps and disaster relief; and residential or commercial swimming pools.
- Greater access to clean and sanitized potable water for drinking and sanitation - in hard to reach communities, or disaster relief areas.
- Lorentz solar water pumping systems have a proven track record of delivering water to homes, communities and livestock, all around for 20 years.
- Using solar power means that you can install a pumping system almost anywhere, irrespective of power infrastructure availability and the associated costs.
- Operational costs are achieved as the system requires no fossil fuels, can be remotely managed, and is designed to have a long working life. The result is low, or no operating costs.
- Lorentz pump systems are designed and built to be used on your water projects by an engineering team who only focus on solar water pumping. This experience means your system components designed for your project is tested and built for operation in the harshest, most remote environment is normal.
- Water independence and security from unreliable power grid, natural disasters, and increasing cost for fossil fuels.
- Lower overhead for farmers to irrigate crops, and longer crop seasons. This equals more profits.
- Reduction or elimination of harmful greenhouse gases.
Water is essential to life - physically, psychologically, socially, and economically.